Breakfast Pumpkin Bread
Moist and fluffy, this breakfast pumpkin bread is the kind of breakfast that makes me jump out of bed! It can be eaten just as it is or with some maple syrup, butter, or cream cheese on top, and it is also a perfect afternoon treat. And because it’s pumpkin everything season, I HAD to share this incredible pumpkin loaf!
The best part of making your own pumpkin puree is that you can choose any kind of squash, according to the recipe you want to create. For this breakfast pumpkin bread, I used pumpkin because it is sweet and it has a beautiful bright color. Canned pumpkin is great too.
1 cup spelt/whole wheat/all purpose flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp Pumpkin spice (1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/8 tsp ground allspice or cloves)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup almond milk
1 cup pumpkin purée (homemade or canned)
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tsp white vinegar
Optional add-ins: 1/2 cup dried cranberries,
1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
* Preheat oven to 350F. Grease one 10 x 4″ loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
* In a small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar and set aside for at least 5 minutes to curdle.
* In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
* In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, coconut sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine with the curdled milk.
* Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
* Fold in cranberries and pecans, reserving a small amount of pecans for topping if desired.
* Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Can’t wait to hear how you like this breakfast pumpkin bread!